Article Subject: Adding Captcha To WordPress Contact Form
Hello everyone, in this article we are going to look into detailed integration of Google Recaptcha V3 with Contact Form 7. As you know that the recent update in contact form 7 has made it broke if you are using Google Recaptcha or Google Recaptcha V2. So in this article, we are going to look into the process of adding captcha to WordPress contact form [Recaptcha V3].
A little about Google Recaptcha V3 before we dive into the tutorial:
- reCAPTCHA protects you against spam and other types of automated abuse.
So first, let’s discuss what is Google Recaptcha V3?
Google recently launched Google Recaptcha V3, which is quite different as compared to its old self. Before users and website visitors used to select from different images to prove that they are human. Most of those images were about street signs and cars, but in Google Recaptcha V3 it is totally changed. Google Recaptcha V3 is processing quite an information in the background, providing users/visitors an ease to surf around on the internet. So, I hope that if you are here on this page, you already know much about Google Recaptcha V3 and even if not then here’s a guide about Google Recaptcha V3 that you may want to read to learn more. Now you are looking for a guide on adding captcha to WordPress Contact Form. So let’s dive into it.
Adding Captcha to WordPress Contact Form [Recaptcha V3]
Here are few prerequisite before we start.
- You need to have your WordPress login. [Username/Password]
- You need a Google Account to register your website and to get your free API’s.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard and click on Contact in the Left Menu.
- Click on Integration
- Now click on Setup Integration
- Now click on this link/login your Google Recaptcha Admin Panel. (https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html)
- Now click on Admin Console
- Now enter your details
- Now copy these keys
- And paste them here
- Now click on forms and create a new form
I have tried my best to screenshot step by step each and everything. If there’s anything you would like to know, you can also comment below and I will happy to help you.
A post out for freelancers who finds it difficult to analyze how to charge for any service that they provide. Here’s a guide on How To Determine The Price of A Service.